Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Spring Veggie Soup

Jenessa and I love to go to Kneaders Bakery.  They have a spring veggie soup that they only serve in the spring and only on certain days of the week.  I often stop in to see if by chance it's spring veggie soup day.  The reason I really love it, is because it reminds me of "griced carrots" a funny name for creamy carrots that my mom and grandma always made when I was young.

Jenessa got her braces on yesterday and  I got my tightened, so today is definitely a soup day for us.
I chopped up some veggies and added a bottle of carrot juice and I think it turned out just right.

so here it is

Spring Veggie Soup



1/4 cup shredded carrots
1/4 cup diced celery
1/4 cup orange bell pepper
1/8 cup onion (I used sweet vidalia)
2 TBSP butter

1 Bottle Carrot juice (found with healthy drinks :)
1 pint cream



Saute veggies in the butter until softened.  Then I put them in my food processor and chopped up
the mixture so that it was fine and blended.  Add mixture to a sauce pan and add 1 bottle of carrot juice and the cream.    Season with Salt and Pepper to taste. Also add about 1/4 tsp garlic salt. I also added about a TBSP of parsley.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment