Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Passover Seder at BYU

I have been studying the "manner of the Jews" for quite a few years now.  I truly have a love of their religion because I believe that it was the precursor to my Religion.  The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the restored Church of Christ from the time of the Jews when Christ was on the earth.  Christ was a Jew and His "Last Supper" was in fact a passover dinner.



My favorite part of passover is that it teaches of the sacrament.    
The passover meal ends with the Afikomen - this unleavened bread is broken into
"olive-size" pieces.  



It is then blessed by the Father at the table and then he explains that "This bread is in remembrance of the Sacrificed Lamb"
(since they cannot have lamb now because there is no temple to sacrifice the lambs)  



 They also drink a cup of Wine (grape juice) called the cup after supper.   Both of these-- the afikomen (broken bread) and the cup after supper --were the bread and wine given by Jesus but he changed the words to "This is in remembrance of my body" and "my blood"




What amazes me  is that the Jews eyes are closed to all of this symbolism   It is so very obvious to us.  Surely when the Savior comes to the Jews the nation will be converted in a Day and their eyes will be open to all of this.

I also always love the cup for Elijah - The Jews are still waiting for him to come.  he came at passover time to Joseph Smith to restore the sealing power.   Because of this we are able to be sealed together forever!!  I am so thankful for this knowledge and truth.

We had a wonderful night celebrating passover with Chris and Jen Adams at BYU.  

No comments:

Post a Comment