Pages

Monday, November 15, 2010

Missionary, Temple & Blessings

 
Hola Familia
Hmmm I'm never really sure where to start. But this week was really good and bad too haha.
Bad news first. I was soooo sick this week. I ate at Hermana Moreno's house and that's never good news with her house that smells like cat pee. And the food isn't too good either, obviously because I got really bad food poisoning! I threw up so many times that night I literally didn't sleep at all. And then the next day were exchanges so I still had to get up and work. I was so tired and still felt sick ugh It was a miracle I made it. The worst part is that we eat at her house every thursday. I don't know how I'm going to eat there again...wish me luck...
The good news is still the Perez family! We haven't taught them Word of Wisdom or tithing yet but they learned about it at a fireside last night and they seemed fine. I was so nervous during the fireside because the speaker kept going on and on about how Mormons keep the word of wisdom and then he said we don't watch TV on sundays. I was just dreading what the Perez family was thinking! I wanted to say, "Hey I watch TV on sunday!" But after they seemed fine. It's almost like they're willing to do whatever it takes. One cool thing is that the mom, Josefa hasn't come to church yet because she is always working. But her boss recently changed her schedule so that she doesn't work Sundays anymore! So we look on target for the fifth of december still!
Oh more good news! I'm not getting transfered! However, Elder Bunch is. I feel bad because he can't see the Perez family get baptized! But he was a good trainer. A little change will be nice though I'm not going to lie.
Rene and Ahorra and Hector are all doing good. However all still need divorces. It's kinda funny praying for people to get divorced ha ha. But they'll all be baptized as soon as that happens. Hopefully in one more transfer.
One thing we have a problem with is that we don't have a lot more legit investigators. We need to pray that we can find more people who have been prepared to hear the gospel.
That's so cool how Ben is from Manasseh too like dad. that's wierd that we're all different. I wonder how that affects future events and responsibilities. But anyways that's so cool!
That's cool about the temple story! i've always wanted to just walk around the temple. I tried once but got in trouble. That's cool that dad saw Ashlee's parents and Jake. That's crazy that he's leaving! I feel so bad for Ashlee! She always tells me how hard it's going to be for her for Jake to leave. But I know she'll be ok because she's such a tough girl! That's too bad she's sick though! It's kinda funny we were sick the same week though I thought ha ha
Thats a bummer that Ty got cut from basketball. But wow he made it so far! He'll make the freshman team for sure! I'm jealous of his skillzz.
It sounds like Kaitlyn and Brycen are having fun too! Tell them I miss playing with them!
I'm excited to hear that Jenessa is taking voice lessons. she's such a good singer already!
I just miss you all so much! But don't worry I'm still having lots of fun here!
Oh more good news. I might actually get some Texas BBQ today becasue we're going out so i'm going to try to talk my district into it.
Well that's about it this week. I'll let you know about my new companion next week!
Love you all! Miss you.
Love,
Elder Soutas.
Dear Jordan/Elder Soutas

¿Cómo estas?  I hope you are feeling good this week  We received your pictures this week and it was fun to look at them.
I will send you another picture of the family when I get one.  The one I sent was the only copy I had of that one because the photographer
makes you buy all the copies and doesn't give access to the digital.

How is the Perez famiy doing?  I have been praying for them each day.  Especially that they will accept the lessons you 
give them on tithing and the word of wisdom  
How are your other investigators doing? 

Today was a special day for Ben   he received his patriarchal blessing from Pres. Skouby.   The most interesting part was before the blessing.
President Skouby just wanted to talk for a few minutes before he started.  He said he felt prompted to ask Dad and me if either of us were of tribe of manasseh
He actually thought maybe it would be me, but Dad said he was.  he also asked if anyone else in family or Dad's family was Manasseh and Dad said no
After the blessing, President Skouby said he knew that Ben was Manasseh as soon as he sat down and that asking us just confirmed it to him
So I told Dad  now he has a friend..in Manasseh  I told them that you were of mixed blood but primarily Ephraim.

Let's see...I think everything I tell you about, Dad has already wrote about  but another really cool thing that happened this week is that we went to the SL temple with Grandma Elaine and Gpa Allen to do some sealings of family names.  We got there late because Dad had been delayed at his office so we went into the sealing room and they were almost finished with all of the family names.  There were 6 daughters to seal to parents, so Dad and I were the parents and Beckie was the daughter.   And then that was it --the session was over.   It was only like 10 minutes the shortest temple experience ever.  Except then the sealer left us in the room and we were able to all just stay and quietly talk which we thought was unusual to be left in the temple without any worker with us.  Then we all decided we wanted to go into the celestial room.  They let us do that since we were dressed appropriately.  We all just sat in the beautiful celestial room. 

 Then Dad decided to start wandering the temple halls   He wanted to find the Holy of Holies - he never did, but he found the room where James E Talmage wrote "Jesus the Christ" and  Beckie showed us the hallway where President Smith told his granddaughter Allie that he had seen Jesus
(Beckie knew about it because she had taken a tour of the Temple with her student ward when she was at the U)
Anyway it was really cool to just kind of walk around the SL temple and look in some of the rooms
Then while I was getting dressed  -Dad saw Ashlee's parents and Jake.  They were just coming to the temple.  he got to talk with them for a few minutes.  I feel bad that I didn't get to see them.  They did say that Ashlee has been sick this week.  So I texted her later.  She said she is starting to feel better.
It will also be a difficult week for her and the family since Jake is leaving on Wednesday for his mission.  So we are praying for her
               
 Kaitlyn, Brycen and Tyler have all been sick this week with colds too.  As Dad told you Tyler had a tough week when he got cut from BBall tryouts.  He did very well though.  He made it through the first 2 cuts and there were only 8 - freshmen left.  We will see how tryouts for SOJO go they are this week

Kaitlyn had a primary activity days service project and they made dinner for Bro lowell and Sis June Sorenson  So they took it to them and stayed and played games with them. That was a good experience for her.
Brycen went to classic skating for Collin Crow's birthday.  I don't think he did too well at skating but he still had fun   Jenessa has started taking voice lessons from Hope Shulsen so she is practicing for a Christmas recital where she will sing at a rest home.  She is doing a duet with Lizzie.
          Ben went on his date with Emily Christensen to Bingham Ball.  She is such a pretty girl.  Ben looked
          so handsome too!

         
Last night Dad and I went out with the Thomas' for dinner   We went to  Ruby River.  Now whenever we go to a Steak Place - I think of you in Texas

Well that's our week recap    
We pray everything is going well as  you serve.  I know Heavenly Father will watch over you as you testify of our Savior.  I am so thankful for Him and for his loving and infinite atonement.
We love you Forever
Mom & Dad


No comments:

Post a Comment