Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Letter to Jordan


Thought I'd recap my week here with my letter to Jordan
 
 
Dear Jordan/Elder Soutas
 
Hola, How has your week gone?
How did things go for the Perez familia?  I have been praying for them all week.  I pray the Holy Ghost will testify to them
and that they will desire to be baptized.   
 
I actually hope you don't get transferred yet..it seems like you haven't been there long enough be transferred yet and you are having some great investigators. 
 
Love your pirate ross stories, they are so funny.
 
So are you feeling any better?  Is it the same type of cough like in the MTC?  and do you still have an inhaler? or do you need another one?
I have to admit I don't even know how long the medicine would last in an inhaler and how often you would need to get one.
 
Here's what happened this week
Monday - got ready for Tyler's birthday and made chocolate cake and tried to track down the pair of shoes he wanted.  Finally, I just went home and picked him up and took him to pick out a pair--so much easier
We went to Olive Garden for dinner so that was nice.
 
Tues - Not much to report just housework, grocery shopping
Wed - same -  I really do keep busy its just all boring stuff
 
Had Parent Teacher conferences for Brycen and Kaitlyn  and they are both doing great.  I do have to say I have such smart kids you all are so amazingly smart!
 
This week the moment that stands out for me is when I was feeling tired and lazy and didn't really want to do anything.  It was on Thursday
Anyway, I decided to get going and get the house cleaned and try to make it to the temple.  I kind of set a deadline for myself that I needed to leave for the temple by 12:30 so that I could be back in time for the kids to be out of school.  Well I made the deadline and at the recommend desk, the brother said "Welcome to The House of Peace".   That just really had a profound affect on my mood and I really have felt so much peace this week since then. 

We also performed the "Joseph" musical on Thursday night and 2 times on Saturday night for the Stake.  It actually was a lot of fun.  Now Kaitlyn really wants to be in a 'real' play, so I'll have to check out that possibility.
I'll let Dad and the boys fill you in on all of the sports!  You'll be happier this week  :)
 
Dad bore his testimony on Fast meeting today since he was conducting.  He told of his experience of being sick last week and then praying and feeling better just in time for his meetings and then getting sick again just after his last appointment.
When Dad gets home in a few minutes we are going to Kelly's for dinner.  We haven't been there since August but time flies.  I can't believe how fast the Holdiays are coming.  do you think you will be going to Michelle and Brent's for Thanksgiving dinner?  If you don't get permission for that, what do you think you will do that day?
 
Ben is also getting his Patriarchal Blessing next Sunday.  President Skoube will be giving his blessing.  I'm really looking forward to that.
 
Thank you so much for your wonderful service as a missionary and for following the example of our Savior.  It is a wonderful blessing to have a missionary son.  We love you so much.   Have a happy week.
 
Mom & Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment