Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Fall Friday

It's the Friday before Thanksgiving - so since I know these favorite fall days of mine will soon be gone I made some yummy oatmeal cookies.  They were two-in-one.  After I made the cookie dough,
I divided it.  In one bowl I stirred in Guittard Chocolate Chips and Butterscotch Chips to make oatmeal Scotcheroos.
The other bowl I stirred in leftover fresh cranberries and white chocolate chips.  They turned out to be my favorite.  The tart cranberries with the sweet, white chocolate is just perfect for my tastebuds!

I got the recipe from Melanie over at My Kitchen Cafe

Classic Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Printable Version

1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour
2 3/4 cups oatmeal
2 cups chocolate chips
Cream together the butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy. Add Baking soda, powder, and salt and mix. Add flour, oatmeal and chocolate chips. Mix until combined. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes




I also went to the Temple this morning and did initiatory and then I went to the hospital to visit Mom.  She is doing OK considering her difficult surgery on Tuesday. 

Kaitlyn is such a character!  This afternoon she has dressed up as "Savanna", a made-up neighbor girl and she is visiting us and charming us with her Southern Drawl Accent.  Brycen and Ty Geddes are playing right along ....   I asked Brycen who left their cookie on the counter and he said, "That's Savanna's"

Meet Savanna:


Yes That's grandma Lynne's old old wig....  and Chris' old pair of glasses


No comments:

Post a Comment