Pages

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Each life that touches ours for good

I started taking a Hebrew class this week from Diana Webb.

Lately my mind has pondered about how people touch each other's lives.

I've been prompted for about 10 years to study and learn all I can.  There
 have been many people placed in my path that are interested in and know Hebrew or Jewish customs.  

Tonight I thought I would look up Diana Webb's info and I found some books she had written.
They are written about Women in the Old Testament, a subject that interests me greatly.
About 4 years ago I wrote my own "Women in The Old Testament" stories to share with the young
women for a girls camp overnighter and for a personal progress project. 
In reading the preface of her book, I found out that Diana's maiden name was Barton.
For some reason, I thought, "I bet she is related to some Barton's I know."  I know several different families with that name.    
I did a little digging :) and found her father's name to be Richard Barton....Ka-ching!!  
He delivered me into this world on June 18, 1967 in the Cottonwood Hospital.  He was
the first person on this earth to "touch" me!  Kind of a crazy thought.  I even looked up
my life story that I wrote as a teenager because I remembered mentioning him.  Sure enough, my mom told of how she went to Cottonwood Hospital on Sunday (Father's day) at 1:00 pm when my dad came home from Sunday school (no 3 hour block then) About 5:30 pm Mom recalls hearing someone start to laugh and then the familiar strains of "The First Nine Months are the Hardest", a record she had loaned Dr. Barton.  Mom hadn't seen the Doctor, but she knew then he'd arrived!
(Incidently there is a long story about that record and the Doc!") --(which now I need to call my mom and ask about) :)

Now his daughter is touching my life by teaching me Hebrew - which is something I have had a strong desire to learn.  

"Each life that touches ours for good. Reflects thine own great mercy, Lord;. Thou sendest blessings from above. Thru words and deeds of those who love"

No comments:

Post a Comment