Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

10 White Shirts

My tears fall as I iron 10 white shirts....


 

I see it as a symbol of sacrifice. Yes, I don't like ironing but the real sacrifice is any mother who is willing to iron and pack up them all up into a suitcase for her son. Why would any mom be willing to do this?

Only because she knows in her heart having him leave home for 2 years in lands far away will change his life forever. He will become a strong, faithful man.





 I wouldn't have it any other way.  On his mission he will learn and grow in ways he could never do by staying home.  He will search for and teach the people of Portugal about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.
However, I seem to cry tears all the time, especially ironing 10 white shirts.


Here's how I packed the rest of his suitcase:

  
 I made packets out of those zipper cases that sheet sets or linens come in.   There was a packet
of supplies for studying and letter writing for his back-pack.


 A packet of first aid, medical supplies:


   A packet of misc needs like laundry, flash light, umbrella, batteries

I compiled a notebook of his mission information, a reduced-size and laminated copy of his patriarchal blessing,  notes of advice he received, and a "Surviving away from home" booklet that I made of easy to make recipes.



No comments:

Post a Comment