Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Today's the Day

Today's The Day.  I just woke up and it's going to be a sunny, really hot day.  It's going to be a hard day as we drive down to Provo and say good bye to Ben.  I already know how hard it's going to be.  I've done it with Jordan. 
Remember that movie, "Somewhere in Time" with Christoher Reeves and he looks at the penny and is thrown back to the present?  That's somehow what it feels like.  I'm dropping my son off and I won't be able to see him again for 2 years. Wow - It's just so hard.
It's also a great, wonderful day.  What mother doesn't prepare and teach and hope that her son will serve the Lord on a mission.  He's going to grow and learn and mature so much.  He will come home so much better.  He will come home with fire and testimony and love and confidence.  So this is truly the start of a wonderful life for Benjamin.  I love him with all of my heart.  I'm so thankful he will sacrifice 2 years of his life to serve our Heavenly Father and testify of His Son, Jesus Christ.
I'm truly thankful and happy.



No comments:

Post a Comment