Pages

Monday, January 9, 2012

My Personal Word

It's that time of year when we reflect on our life and think of how we can improve.   I have decided to choose a word for the year.  A word I will try to think of each day and help me have a better day.
   
My word is CHOOSE


I choose how I will spend my time each day.  I choose how I act or re-act to my children.  I want to
Choose the Better Part.


   Jesus taught this principle in the home of Martha. While she was “cumbered about much serving”, her sister, Mary, “sat at Jesus’ feet, and heard his word”. When Martha complained that her sister had left her to serve alone, Jesus commended Martha for what she was doing  but taught her that “one thing is needful: and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her”

                                     










Elder Dallin H. Oaks gave a talk that has stayed with me.  It is called "Good, Better, Best."




"We have to forego some good things in order to choose others that are better or best because they develop faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and strengthen our families"


I want the choices I make each day to strengthen my family and serve others.  Some days I get caught up looking at Blogs and recipes and neglect my spiritual needs and serving my family and others.


I want to live by the scripture, "CHOOSE ye this day whom ye will serve, but as for me and my house
we will serve the Lord"

No comments:

Post a Comment