Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

A daily walk, A weekly Path

This morning as I said my morning prayers, I prayed that I might stay on the path that leads to the Tree of Life.  I paused and thought, well haven't I already reached the tree?  I have partaken of the Savior's Love and atonement in my life.   In the dream, people reached the tree, but then left.  So we must get to the tree during our life-time.  

Then I had the spirit confirm that it is a daily walk on the path.  Holding to the Iron Rod, the  word of God needs to happen each day!    Scripture study keeps me on the Path. 

Each Sabbath, I partake of the fruit of the tree!   I partake of the sacrament, the emblem of the Lord's atonement.    It is a weekly covenant path.   I have previously had the spirit teach me that enduring to the end means to partake of the sacrament each week.  If we worship weekly at sacrament meeting, repenting and becoming cleansed from our sins, this is what enduring means.  Of course weekly Temple attendance makes the journey more complete.  Learning how to see Him face to face.

The weeks are hard.  They can be difficult.  My life has been so difficult in many ways the past few years.   The mists distract us daily.   We must stay on the covenant path, clinging, continually to the iron rod.  Feasting upon the word of God.
I will truly appreciate and understand my sabbath worship and partake of the atonement more deeply from this experience.  


No comments:

Post a Comment