Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

We all lazily woke up this morning and I decided to try a breakfast cake I've had my eye on for a while now.  I'm so glad I did!  It was super yummy.




Blueberry Breakfast Cake

3/4 c. sugar

1 stick butter

3/4 cup milk

1 egg

2 cups flour

2 1/2 tsp baking powder

3/4 tsp salt

2 cups frozen/fresh blueberries

Mix all ingredients (I mix dry then add to wet) and put in a 9X9X2 pan.

Prepare crumb topping:

1/2 cup sugar

1/3 cup flour

1/2 tsp cinnamon

1/4 cup butter, cut in

Mix until crumbly and sprinkle over cake before baking. Bate at 375 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.

I have made these into muffins in the past with great results too, just watch the baking time.

Glaze:

(as if a cake and crumb topping isn't enough, lets add a glaze)



1/2 cup powder sugar

1/4 tsp vanilla

1 1/2 tsp - 2 tsp hot water

Mix all ingredienst and drizzle over cake while hot.



Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment